Photographer / Videographer
Hosanna Revival was created on the idea that, as people of a broken world, we are in desperate need of revival. We exist to excite people about engaging in Scripture by creating beautiful and intentional tools for their lives. We design beautiful Bibles, journals, planners, devotionals, and more, and every product is designed with this mission in mind.
We are seeking a seasoned and passionate photographer/videographer to join our team this summer! The Photo/Video position is responsible for taking care of all things photo and video—from shooting product photos, large campaign styled shoots, video content, ad campaign photo/video, and editing. In addition, this individual is responsible for helping set up and care for equipment, direct models with posing, and retouching images—all in hopes of producing high-quality images that effectively represent the products and brand. This individual can expect to work collaboratively with the creative team and creative director as photo/video elements are vital to every department.
This position will be a part-time position in our Cincinnati office. It will begin as a 5-month probationary period with the intent to hire for permanent employment if it is a good fit for both you and us!
Desired Skills and Competencies
- High school diploma or equivalent
- 3+ years of experience in photography and videography
- Competent in the Adobe Creative Suite
- Lightroom and Bridge (strong knowledge of)
- Premiere (strong knowledge of )
- *or Final Cut Pro*
- Photoshop (strong knowledge of)
- AfterEffects (strong knowledge of)
- Illustrator (moderate knowledge of)
- InDesign (moderate knowledge of)
- Detail-oriented (ensure that products are represented accurately and coloring is correct)
Duties and Responsibilities
- Attend weekly creative and marketing meetings
- Alongside Creative Director and Team, brainstorm photoshoot concepts, locations, and models
- Create photo shoot inspiration moodboards (coloring, model posing, overall aesthetic, etc)
- Product photography: shoot new products and prep photos for website listings
- Artwork photography: shoot pieces of artwork to be prepped for product design
- Flat lay styled photography: shoot products in flat lay environment (in-house, styled)
- Campaign styled branding photography: on-site photo shoots in styled environments with models and products.
- Lead ad campaign shoots
- Create short product highlight videos
- Storyboard, and create devotional trailer videos, and brand trailer videos
- Editing all photos, technically (product photos) or stylistically (campaign styled shoots)
- Video Post-Production and editing
- Rare, but occasional filming for social media video content
- Part time, paid hourly, 20-30 hours per week
- In-person position (located in Cincinnati, OH)
- Starts in a probationary period (5 months) with intent to hire for permanent employment after 5 month evaluation.
Interested in working with us? Follow these 2 steps:
1. Send an email with your portfolio or website to email@example.com with a brief explanation as to why you’re a great fit. If your portfolio doesn’t include samples of video work, please include additional links to your video work.
2. Complete our preliminary interview, linked here.
When you have submitted the interview questions, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with an introduction, portfolio or website link, and a brief explanation as to why you think you'd be a great fit for the role.
*Do you know your Enneagram number, Strengths-finder top 5, or Myers Briggs? We love personality tests so send them over if you know them!
APPLICATION DEADLINE: MAY 26TH, 2023